Slow Cooker Crock Pot German Pork Roast & Sauerkraut is one of my favorite dishes. It makes cooking dinners for the family a snap using this easy to follow recipe. This recipe reminds me of being back in Germany! It was one of my favorite all-time trips between the great food, castles, driving on the autobahn, I even brought home a beautiful cuckoo clock.
Crock Pot Pork and Sauerkraut
The food was so good everywhere we went that I think I gained 10 pounds on this trip! I can't say that there was only one dish that I loved because everything tasted great. The pierogies in this recipe make a fun twist to this recipe and go well with the pork and sauerkraut.
For more information about Germany and our experience on the Viking Vili River Cruise check out these links:
Now I am hungry and ready to go book a return trip to Germany! Let's go ahead and get this German Roast Port & Sauerkraut recipe!
I assume by now that you love Slow Cooker Crock Pot recipes as much as I do. Why not check out a few more of my favorite dishes including:
- Boneless pork roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Apple juice or water
- Frozen pierogies
Slow Cooker Crock Pot German Pork Roast and Sauerkraut
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Heat shortening in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown roast on all sides; place in a slow cooker.
- Add undrained sauerkraut, apples and juice or water; blend.
- Gently add pierogies so they are partly submerged in the sauerkraut (as the roast cooks, more liquid will cover the pierogies).
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours. Serves 4 to 6.