Located in Grand Teton National Park you can’t go wrong camping in Colter Bay Campground. The campground is a short walk to the visitor center and Colter Bay Village.
It can get a bit confusing because there is a Colter Bay Campground and a Colter Bay RV Park right nearby.
Colter Bay Campground is for tent and dry RV camping. No hookups.
Colter Bay RV Park is for RV camping with water, sewage and electricity hookups. No tents allowed.
Colter Bay Campground
- Colter Bay Campground
- Colter Bay Campground Reservations
- Colter Bay Campground Amenities
- RV Camping at Colter Bay Campground
- Group Camp Sites
- Important Dates for Campground
- Colter Bay Campground Campground Regulations
- Colter Bay Campground Map
- Colter Bay Campground Photos
- Additional Grand Teton National Park Resources
Colter Bay Village nearby includes a grocery store, laundry and showers, and restaurant. The campground is near Jackson Lake.
Colter Bay Campground is run and managed by the Grand Teton Lodge Company.
Season: May 21 – September 27, 2020
Number of Sites: 335 sites, 11 group sites, 13 electric hookup sites
Location in the park: 25 miles north of Moose, Close to Jackson Lake
Individual Tent & RV Sites (dry)
- $32 per night
- $16 per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers
Electric/ADA RV Sites
- $55 per night
- $39.00 per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers
*Please note these are first come first serve sites as well.
- $31 non-refundable registration fee, and $12 per person per night for group tent sites or $6 per person per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior campers or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers
- Group sites require at least 10 guests or more and are mainly for tent camping. RV accommodations are very limited in group sites.
- Advance reservations for group sites open on January 2nd of each year and can be made by calling 307-543-3100.
- $12 per person per night
- $6 per person per night for Golden Age/Interagency Senior or Golden Access/Interagency Access campers
Reservations: No, All individual campsites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reservations are only taken for group sites.
Campground Address: 100 Colter Bay Campground Rd, Moran, WY 83013
Latitude/Longitude: 43.9047° N, 110.6408° W
Elevation: 6,831 feet
Accessible Sites: 13 electric accessible sites.
Pets Allowed: Yes, Please review Campground & National Park Pet Regulations.
Colter Bay Campground Reservations
Are campground Reservations Available? No, First come first served
First Come, First Served? Yes
Colter Bay Campground Amenities
Flush Toilets: Yes, there are 22 restrooms with running water in the campground.
Showers: Yes, Showers and coin-operated laundry services are available for an additional fee at the Colter Bay Launderette
Laundry: Launderette is available next to the general store.
Is wifi available? Yes, hot spots are available at the Ranch House Restaurant, Cafe Court Pizzeria, the General Store, Marina, and the Launderette.
Is cellular Phone Service Available? No
Is camp host available on site? Yes
Is firewood available for purchase? Yes, at the general store.
Church services: Interdenominational church services are held each Sunday in the Amphitheater.
Amenities at each campsite:
Firepit in the site? Yes
Picnic Table in the site? Yes
Bear Box in site/area? Yes, Bear boxes are available for most tent sites.
Potable Water? Yes
RV Camping at Colter Bay Campground
RV Length: up to 45 ft. length motor homes or trailers.
Dump Station: Yes, a dump station is available in the campground for $10 per use.
Generators: Generators can be used 8 am – 8 pm.
Hookups: There are 13 electric hookup sites
Group Camp Sites
Group sites require at least 10 guests or more and are mainly for tent camping. RV accommodations are very limited in group sites.
Reservations for group sites open on January 2nd of each year and can be made by calling 307-543-3100.
Important Dates for Campground
- Campground: May 21 – September 27
- RV Park: May 7 – October 4
Colter Bay Campground Campground Regulations
The maximum number of people in a campsite: Maximum 6 persons per site
The number of cars per campsite: Tent sites allow for up to two tents and two vehicles. RV sites allow for one RV (tow included) only. (For reference, 2 motorcycles = 1 vehicle)
Check-in Time: check-in any time of day that there is an unoccupied site.
Checkout time: 11 AM.
Quiet Hours: Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Maximum Stay: 14 nights and the maximum cumulative stay between all park campgrounds is 30 nights.
Colter Bay Campground Map
Colter Bay Campground Photos
A – Loop (Sites 1-28)
B – Loop (Sites 29-50)
E – Loop (Sites 110-125)
F – Loop (Sites 126 – 137)
G – Loop (Sites 138 – 149)
H – Loop (Sites 150 – 166)
I – Loop (Sites 167 – 179)
Additional Grand Teton National Park Resources
Grand Teton Travel Tips – helpful tips and info for planning your Wyoming trip.
John D. Rockefeller National Parkway – learn more about the parkway you travel between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park.
Jackon Lake Lodge – Check out our full review with photo and videos